Heart, Seoul & Mind

My study abroad in Korea

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Arriving in Seoul

Seoul LDS temple Seoul LDS temple
Seoul LDS temple Seoul LDS temple

It's been several days, but I arrived in Seoul on May 3rd. I was met at the airport by my family, including my grandma (할머니), aunt (이모), and cousins. I felt like a celebrity being greeted by a huge bouquet of flowers and getting my picture taken with everyone.

The study abroad group stayed in the Seoul Korea temple home set aside for temple patrons. On Friday morning we had an appointment with the baptistry to do baptisms for the dead within the temple. It was very interesting to compare this temple with other temples in the states, as well as listen to the ordinances performed in Korean. It was a wonderful experience - it's amazing how the Spirit can be felt in the house of the Lord despite the language barrier.

These photos are from the Saturday morning we left for Gimhae. The weather was quite humid and wet in Seoul but the light penetrating the cloudy sky made for a beautiful saturation of colors. I look forward to returning to the temple home at the end of the trip and attending the Seoul temple once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a Senior at BYU studying Genetics and Biotechnology. Graduation is just around the corner -- time is flying by! This blog is for all my friends and family around the world who want to keep up with what I'm getting up to.
Powered by Blogger.

Followers