Heart, Seoul & Mind

My study abroad in Korea

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flying Asiana

I was quite surprised by the flight to Korea. I knew it would be a long flight and after years of flying with Southwest I expected limited service and cramped accommodations. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the economy cabin rather empty, allowing me to have two seats all to myself. A pillow, blanket, slippers and headphones were all provided for free; lunch consisted of either steak of bibimbap (비빔밥) - guess which one I ate; the screens behind every seat provided a wide selection of various forms of entertainment, including the blockbuster movies The Green Hornet, The King's Speech, Sherlock Holmes, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, all of which I watched during the flight. Until the last few hours of the flight, I was far less bored than I had previously predicted. It was only until it became 1, 2 AM Pacific time that my body started to shut down. It was a fortunate start to my trip.

Asiana flight

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a Senior at BYU studying Genetics and Biotechnology. Graduation is just around the corner -- time is flying by! This blog is for all my friends and family around the world who want to keep up with what I'm getting up to.
Powered by Blogger.

Followers